As the only financial institution in Suriname, the VCB Bank has pawnshops where gold jewelery can be offered for loan. Each office has a pawnshop.
You do not have to answer all kinds of questions and fill in forms for the loan. All you need is a valid proof of identity and your own yellow gold jewelry. Depending on the appraisal value of your golden jewel, a loan sum is agreed with you. So you can have money very quickly and you will not lose your precious gold jewelry, because after a while you can redeem them.
WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR A PAWN CREDIT?
- A valid ID;
- (yellow) gold jewelry from 12 carat.
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS FOR APPLYING A PAWN CREDIT?
Having reached the age of 18 and being in possession of a golden jewel.
GENERAL INFORMATION ON PAWN CREDITS
Each VCB office has a Pawn department, so you do not have to come to the head office specifically
There is a separate counter for pawn credits, so your privacy is guaranteed
At the counter you will receive a receipt for obtaining your credit or the loan sum. You decide how much of this loan sum you wish to withdraw. NB It is not mandatory to include the entire loan sum
Upon receipt of your loan sum you will receive a pledge that is NOT negotiable
The cash registers of the Pandhuis department close at 10.30 am on the auction days. The start time of the auctions is at 12.30. For Nickerie, the cash registers close at 10 a.m. and the auction starts at 11 a.m.
WHAT BENEFITS DOES A PAWN CREDIT HAVE?
- You will receive the money directly
- You have six (6) months to redeem your jewelery or pay the interest (this may be monthly).
- With every payment of your interest, the period of your loan will be extended by another six (6) months.
It is not mandatory to redeem at the due date of your pledge, it may also be earlier. If you pay after the due date, an extra interest will be added.
Of course it is also possible to pay the loan amount in installments, the loan sum will be reduced in this way and thus also the interest amount.
Loan amount = SRD 500, –
1st month interest = SRD 20, –
It is paid at interest SRD 20, – and an amount of deduction of SRD 100, -.
The loan amount is now SRD 400, -.
The following month interest is calculated on the remaining loan amount (SRD 400, -).
For example, you can pay an amount (you decide how much the amount is) each month. This way you can easily solve your jewelery.
If you have not paid the interest within six months and the jewelery goes to the auction, you can also request postponement. You will then be given a one-month delay.
INCREASE OF YOUR PAWN CREDIT
Increase in the mortgage loan is possible if the full loan amount is not included when the relevant piece of jewelry is borrowed.
- If there are any questions, feel free to contact any VCB office Pawn department.
- On our website you will see an overview of the auction days.
- The jewelry that goes to the auction can be viewed on the Monday and Tuesday prior to the day of the auction.
(the auction is usually held on the 1st and 2nd Wednesday of the month)
- Pay particular attention to the due date on your security document (see example)
- Your security certificate must be signed and stamped.
- The surplus (surplus) of the jewelry sold at the auction will be available to the owner two weeks after the auction.
For more information, you can visit one of our offices.